cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sherwood Park Fiber Installation

RCrow
Neighbour
I am wondering how the installation of fiber that has just been installed on the street is going to be done to my house. From my understanding the fiber is being installed by another company and the fiber providers like Telus and Shaw will lease bandwidth on the fiber.
Is that correct? Why I am asking is because I am a Telus customer and had a phone call from someone claiming they were from Shaw and argued with me that the only way to connect to the fiber in the neighborhood was to switch to Shaw. At that point I hung up on him.
So will it be Telus contacting me or a contractor for home installation?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

The fiber infrastructure on your street may be installed by an independent contractor. Regarding the installation to your home, Telus will contact you directly to arrange the installation once you have spoken to someone at Telus to setup up an account. You should receive official communication from us regarding any necessary appointments or installation details.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

The fiber infrastructure on your street may be installed by an independent contractor. Regarding the installation to your home, Telus will contact you directly to arrange the installation once you have spoken to someone at Telus to setup up an account. You should receive official communication from us regarding any necessary appointments or installation details.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.