cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up third TELUS Booster

jimKnopf128
Organizer

I just bought my third booster, used.

Im going through the “add booster” instructions, setting up the booster hardwired, shows up perfectly, than the instruction say to un-plug, find location and then plugin power again. The new one ends up with permanent red indicators light, even when I move the new one side-by-side to the wired one … am I missing something?

thank you, stephan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Esto
Organizer

So, just to complete this thread, my third unit is also working fine. I didn't need to do anything special, just followed the instructions from the app and that's it. I guess I made a mistake before or there was some other kind of issue. Regardless, it's all good now. Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Esto
Organizer

Wow, this is happening to me as well! I thought I had bought a defective unit and just assumed the loss and forgot about it. Looking forward to hearing from the experts. . perhaps I can finally start using that third booster 🙂 

Thanks,

Esteban

Mine started to work all the sudden. I positioned it close to the "main" booster, with the solid red-light, gave up in frustration. The next morning the light changed to solid blue. I repositioned it and it is still blue. I did not have a chance yet to test for speed improvements, but at least it seems to be working. 🤔

Esto
Organizer

Hey Jim, thank you for sharing that. I will give it a try as well. Thanks again.

Esto

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Don’t forget you need to keep the original Boost unit connected to Ethernet while setting up additional ones.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Hi - I'm having lots of issues with my boosters as well and not understanding why they're not connected to internet.  My house is wired for ethernet in most rooms so 3 of my 4 boosters are hardwired. Are you suggesting that one of the boosters should be hardwired directly into the wifi-hub modem? (the large white cylindrical apparatus)

I had a power outage earlier today and now all of my boosters are flashing blue.  It was working fine prior to the outage, albeit slow speed --> definitely was not coming close to 1000 mbps download speeds

Esto
Organizer

So, just to complete this thread, my third unit is also working fine. I didn't need to do anything special, just followed the instructions from the app and that's it. I guess I made a mistake before or there was some other kind of issue. Regardless, it's all good now. Thanks!