cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing the fibre cable from the Alcatel-Lucent ONT

giantbrownguy
Rockstar

Hey folks. I have my fibre equipment mounted on a wall in my garage. It has gotten in the way of repurposing my garage, however, and I want to move it into a new cabinet. Is it possible to remove the fibre cables from the ONT, without causing damage or needing special equipment. I’m hesitant to try and risk messing my equipment without knowing. I’ve placed images below.

For those wondering, the equipment was originally in my living room, thrown on the floor (literally loose in a jumble of wires). My kid was a baby when we moved in and she started attacking the gear so I paid Telus ($400) to move it to my garage. Now it is just in the way and I’d love to move it. The cabinet seems like the easy solution, especially if I grommet a hole. 

State of equipmentState of equipmentCables I’d like to temporarily removeCables I’d like to temporarily remove

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BubblyCharizard
Organizer

usually you can remove it, just be gentle, and try not to damage the end of the cables

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

BubblyCharizard
Organizer

usually you can remove it, just be gentle, and try not to damage the end of the cables