cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PureFiber - when will it be available in my area

tstorzuk
Friendly Neighbour

So, I just recently upgraded my internet. I was pretty shocked to find out that I can't get PureFiber in my neighborhood. Which leads me to ask....

When will it be installed in my area?

Is there a map somewhere that shows what areas are going to be upgraded?

Does it show when the areas are going to be upgraded?

If not, how do I find out when PureFiber will be available in my neighborhood?!!!!!

12 REPLIES 12

DrPacman
Rockstar

@tstorzuk Wrote: 

I was pretty shocked to find out that I can't get PureFiber in my neighborhood. Which leads me to ask....

When will it be installed in my area?

Telus does not publish their planned rollout of Fibre. The earliest info you are likely to see will be promotional materials in your mailbox, or roving salespeople, or perhaps you will see Telus service trucks in your area...

I believe this is the tool that Telus utilizes for address determination. https://order.fibre.telus.com/ you may want to check there for updates regarding your address...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

tstorzuk
Friendly Neighbour

Just FYI, when I fill out the form at the supplied link, it tells me this;

We are having trouble qualifying your address for TELUS PureFibre services at your location. Please contact our dedicated PureFibre team 24/7 from Mon to Sun at 1-844-372-8559 or initiate a Live chat from Mon to Sun 8:00 AM — 9:00 PM to help us to determine if PureFibre services are available at your location.

So I'll be calling their 1-844 number as often as I can.

Chat, if it's anything like the "Live Assistant", it's worthless to use or even try. Plus they don't even provide a link for the Live Chat.

Pam-MB
Advocate

I have the new Pure Fibre wi-fi system,but doesn't work all that well.Worse than the old system.TV keeps freezing up.Internet speed for the computers is no faster.

Pam-MB
Advocate

I have been told that if you have older cell phone,TV's,computer they will not work good with 5G.I'm told to just put my settings back to 2.4G

Pam-MB
Advocate

For heavens sake.I guess it doesn't help that now I see Telus is doing updates to the system.They should tell people.

Pam-MB
Advocate

Well,now a few days have gone by and all this new Telus hookup and Wi-Fi,can't even keep up to a hockey game.

Pam-MB
Advocate

I don't understand with supposed to be faster internet that hockey on the computer is a minute or more behind the TV game.

Pam-MB
Advocate

What's the difference,with hockey I get the circle spinning around,with football I get the three dots.

Pam-MB
Advocate

Will,it's been a couple of weeks.What piss poor new equipment,no TV or internet for a coupe of days and now all of a sudden the boxes start working again,but noone the less still can't watch games on the internet with their new wi-fi,to slow,have to plus the computer into the box so games are watchable without dots and circles spinning around.

@Pam-MB Wrote: I have the new Pure Fibre wi-fi system, but doesn't work all that well.

I can understand your frustration. However, there may be a number of factors causing the slow Wi-Fi performance. Some of those bottleneck's could be a Telus's issue. However, some of the issues could be older equipment issues/ misconfiguration issues on the user end.

You might want to explore the option of contacting the Telus "Wi-Fi Plus" team to see if a upgraded installation may assist with your issues.

An overview of the Wi-Fi Plus system is linked here for your reference. Bear in mind that this seems to be an additional cost to the consumer for this service, however, it may be worth chatting to them about your issues. Cheers

https://www.telus.com/en/internet/home-internet-add-wifi-plus?linkname=About_TELUS_Wi_Fi_Plus&linkty...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

Pam-MB
Advocate

Older equipment,it is all brand new system from Telus.I moved the wi-fi equipment to a different spot in the house to see if that helps.

Pam-MB
Advocate

No TV or internet for awhile today,internet is finally working,but still no TV.I am getting to the point where this new Telus equipment is only fit for the garbage can.Finally the TV signal came back.