cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pure fibre self pre install-move off copper internet / RG6 TV

ramn
Neighbour

Does Telus have a email contact where i can send existing cabling and proposed new setup to determine what options and equipment they could drop off and what i may have have to provide? They are offering some deals to switch from Sat and Telus copper internet

I see many with cable /wifi variations posted so any forum comments as to install/equipment options appreciated.

ramn_1-1596744804169.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You will need to place an appropriate Access Point in the garage space, and a Wi-Fi set-top Box at each TV. The Access Point May be connected by Ethernet or coax (using MOCA adapters) to the Router in the home.

Fiber > ONT > Router (> AP) > TV

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

To my knowledge Telus does not offer a plan which includes 7 TV units, so you will need to determine another option. 
You may be able to place a switch after the ONT, but you will have two separate networks, and won’t be able to interconnect between the two.

NFtoBC

thanks, the TV count would be per telus max, six i think.  The question is what type of telus equipment/media convertor would go in garage if RG6 reused? Would this equipment be run from a port off the ONT via fibre or via Cat6 rj45 copper cable? Next question if RG6 abandoned what equipment goes on each TV to be part of the WiFi network?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You will need to place an appropriate Access Point in the garage space, and a Wi-Fi set-top Box at each TV. The Access Point May be connected by Ethernet or coax (using MOCA adapters) to the Router in the home.

Fiber > ONT > Router (> AP) > TV

NFtoBC