cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Brother networked printer and Telus Connect IOS app

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

For some reason my printer isn't showing up in the Telus Connect app. It has appeared in the past (it shows up in the list of Idle devices). It's currently on and connected but doesn't appear in the list of active devices. I can see it in both the T3200M and Boost Wi-Fi 6 administrative web pages.

I have restarted the app and no change. This has been happening for quite some time.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.
5 REPLIES 5

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @FuzzyLogic, is it showing up under a different name in the app perhaps?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Unfortunately not. Everything on my network shows up correctly but no sign of the printer. As mentioned it does appear in the list of Idle devices. If it matters it is assigned a static IP address.

Thanks for the additional information. Since the printer appears in the list of idle devices and has a static IP address, let's try a few more specific steps:

Check Printer Status: Ensure the printer is not in sleep mode or low-power state. Some printers enter an idle state and may not communicate properly with the network until they are fully awake.

Ping the Printer: From a computer on the same network, open the Command Prompt (Windows) or Terminal (Mac) and type ping [printer's IP address] to check if the printer is reachable.

Reassign IP Address: Temporarily change the printer to a dynamic IP (DHCP) to see if it appears as an active device. If it does, you can then reassign the static IP.

Update Printer Firmware: Ensure the printer's firmware is up-to-date. Sometimes firmware updates resolve network communication issues.

Network Isolation Settings: Check if there are any isolation settings on your router or Boost Wi-Fi 6 that might be preventing the printer from appearing as an active device.

Check for Device Conflicts: Ensure there are no IP conflicts with other devices on the network. Even with a static IP, a conflict could cause connectivity issues.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Printer isn't always on but when it is I can print to it from any device on my network. It's administration page is accessible from a web browser. Firmware is the latest version but the printer is approximately 10 years old (Brother HL-2270DW). No isolation settings or device conflicts. Printer used to be wired but is now on wi-fi.

Checking the router (T3200M) it shows up as active with the appropriate IP address.

Possibly related but certainly peculiar is that my Optik wireless box (non-PVR) is being reported to be connected to the Guest network even thought I don't have it enabled?!

I hoped one of those steps would resolve the issue. Please give us a call so our tech support team can assist you further.