cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing email not working

Ken3
Just Moved In

Periodically (every couple days) my outgoing emails stop working on my iPhone or iPad...then self correct sometimes after a few hours, sometimes after a few days. The error message says the password is incorrect yet it when I reenter the password, it does not fix the problem....and it eventually self corrects. When I change the “from” email account from my Telus account to a gmail account, it sends no problem. Very frustrating. Anyone have any suggestions for a permanent fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Ken3 wrote:

Thanks. You got a quick 101on how to configure that recommendation?

Usually it is as simple as setting up a gmail account, then selecting your gmail SMTP server as the outgoing choice in your mail application. 
Try Settings, Passwords and Accounts, Telus, Account, SMTP server, and choose from the list presented.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I typically have all my personal non-gmail outgoing email sending through my Gmail account. It still shows up as my personal email but I just use Google's SMTP server to send it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Ken3 wrote:

Usually it is as simple as setting up a gmail account, then selecting your gmail SMTP server as the outgoing choice in your mail application. 
Try Settings, Passwords and Accounts, Telus, Account, SMTP server, and choose from the list presented.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may wish to verify all your settings are correct:

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/set-up-email-iphone-ipad

Just a long time customer hoping to help.