cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orbi RBK50 and Fiber 150/150 and Optik TV 4K PVR and Wireless 4K Box

YegGuy
Just Moved In

I just bought a Netgear Orbi RBK50 Mesh system to boost my WiFi in my house.  I just wanted to make sure that it is compatible with my setup.  I currently have an Optik 4K PVR hardwired to the TM3200 router.   It runs on coxial from the TM3200 to a MoCA and then ethernet cable to my TV.  I also have a wireless box for the TV downstairs.  I don't have Cat5/6 wiring to the the TV areas.  From some of the posts I have read, I need to put the TM3200 in bridge mode (Port1) but keep the WiFi on so that wireless box is still paired to the 4k PVR.  I then connect from LAN 1 on the TM3200 to the Orbi. 

ONT (Nokia) -----> TM3200 -------> LAN 1 on TM3200 -------> Orbi

I

I -----> Coaxial TM3200  ---------> MoCA -----------> PVR

I

I ------> WiFi---------> Wireless Box

Is this correct?  Does the WiFi from the TM3200 interfere significantly with the WiFi from the Orbi?  Is there another way to set this up?  Can I plug the Orbi directly to the ONT?  Will this create a double NAT situation?

Thank you for your input!

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I never put the T3200M into bridge mode when I had my own router connected. I just made sure my router/mesh had a different IP range (ie 192.168.10.x) and never had a problem.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Did you connect your own router to the ONT or the TM3200?  Any problems with playing multiplayer video games on the PS4?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I am sadly still on DSL so my T3200 is my gateway. I just had my router connected to one of the 4 LAN ports on it. I don't have a PS4 so I can't comment on how well it'll work in that kind of set up. The multiplayer games I did play worked fine though I was never hosting anything.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂