cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONT to home over Coax - where is MoCa?

AlexFast
Just Moved In

I have an ONT in my garage like many ppl in the forum, running internet 300/300. From the ONT (fiber) it goes to an ethernet port, and from the ethernet port it carries to my Telus T3200M over coax. My assumption is there must be a MoCa in the garage or outside the house in the utility box since there is only coax into the T3200M directly. For what it is worth, I don't have Telus TV any longer.

Does the MoCa need a power source? If so, where did the tech get it from and where is it hidden? I'm stumped. Does it get power from the ONT, or is there power outside the home he used?

Ideally I would have liked to run ethernet (CAT6) from the garage directly to the T3200M using the WAN interface, and bypass coax altogether.  Anyone have any experience with this?

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, you can run Ethernet from the ONT to your T3200M. It can be a do-it-yourself project.

AFAIK, a MOCA adapter requires electricity. I expect from the same outlet as the ONT!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xray
Hero

@AlexFast wrote:

I have an ONT in my garage like many ppl in the forum, running internet 300/300. From the ONT (fiber) it goes to an ethernet port, and from the ethernet port it carries to my Telus T3200M over coax. My assumption is there must be a MoCa in the garage or outside the house in the utility box since there is only coax into the T3200M directly.

This description is confusing. You say the ONT goes to an ethernet port. On what device is this ethernet port?

Then you say it goes from the ethernet port to coax somehow. It sounds like this device would be your MoCa adapter?