cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Telus Wi-Fi 6 Access Point and Wi-Fi Jack

XYY
Neighbour

Here's the 2 new peices of equipment from Telus. They are only being installed in select areas as of now.

Description:

The TELUS Wi-Fi 6 Access Point contains next-generation Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 technology that provides whole-home Wi-Fi coverage, increases wireless network capacity, and delivers faster speeds. Designed to live quietly in an open area of your home, the TELUS Wi-Fi 6 Access Point harmonizes powerful technology with a friendly and approachable form. The removable base provides a clean, clutter-free aesthetic and enhances its user-friendly functionality. With the TELUS My Wi-Fi app, users can quickly set up, pause and manage their Wi-Fi network.

317928_87181_large_entry_medium.jpg317928_87179_large_entry_medium.jpg317928_87171_large_entry_medium.jpg317928_87708_large_entry_medium.jpg317928_02_telus_wi_fi_6_booster_image_2.jpg317928_01_telus_wi_fi_6_booster_image_1.jpg

Description:

The TELUS Wi-Fi Jack combines an improved installation process for both technician and customer with an elegant, modern design. Available in two forms to satisfy either in-wall or surface wiring, the TELUS Wi-Fi Jack is designed to accept a variety of industry-standard keystones to accommodate all varieties of wiring found in the home. The simple, distinctly TELUS design is easy to use and blends seamlessly into the home, allowing it to be centrally located so the connecting Wi-Fi device functions optimally. The enhanced, integrated features reduce servicing costs while significantly improving the customer experience.

317935_87157_large_entry_medium.jpg317935_87155_large_entry_medium.jpg317935_87494_large_entry_medium.jpg317935_02_telus_wi_fi_jack_image_2.jpg317935_01_telus_wi_fi_jack_image_1.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

TelusUser487
Neighbour
Is the Wi-Fi 6 AP meant to replace the Telus Boost? Meaning it connects directly to the Telus Hub or T3200M and then broadcasts that Wi-Fi signal to your wireless devices?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, provided you can place it centrally in your house to get the coverage. Some homes may still need Boost mesh to reach all corners.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

wizzardsl
Friendly Neighbour

New Telus customer here; I just received the latest Telus equipment: Network Access Hub (NH20A) that is a Router / Hub device with no WIFI but takes an SPF that the Fiber terminates into and The WIFI 6 (AX) Telus central WIFI (B20A) Access Point. I logged into the AP config page and noticed it has a WIFI Boosters section and lists the main AP as (Primary). This leads me to believe you can extend the WIFI6 AP with additional like central WIFI 6 (AX) B20A devices. I have tried the Telus Boost kits but they are not WIFI 6 (ax) and simply create a new WIFI that is not meshed with the B20A. I was also sent a Telus WIFI Hub and although this looks similar to the WIFI 6 (AX) B20A it is not. The WIFI Hub is a router / AP (not WIFI 6 / AX) combined that can also take an SFP so the fiber can be directly connected to it. So from what I have tested so far and understand from the B20A WIFI 6 (AX) configuration page is that other B20A like devices should be able to mesh and act as WIFI boosters to provide a WIFI 6 (AX) mesh. Can anyone confirm this?

How did you access the config page for the B20A? I can only access it for the NH20A.

wizzardsl
Friendly Neighbour

Log into the NH20A Click on Connected Devices tab under the Overview section and look for the IP address of the Boost2.... device. Under Boost role it will be listed under Controller and It's IP should be a blue hyperlink you can click on. Make note of the IP and any time you want to login simply go to it's IP. Mine seems to have a somewhat static reservation that keeps it at X.X.X.41 however best to se what IP yours has in the NH20A. Once you go to it's IP in your browser (Or clicked on the IP link in the NH20A) you can login with the credentials printed on the B20A base.

Re: Mine seems to have a somewhat static reservation that keeps it at X.X.X.41 however best to see what IP yours has in the NH20A. Once you go to it's IP in your browser (Or clicked on the IP link in the NH20A) you can login with the credentials printed on the B20A base.

Dear wizzardsl,

I tried to log in at xxx.xxx.x.41 (which I believe is the same for everyone) with the username "admin" and "telus" using the admin password printed on the B20A base (i.e. the Boost WiFI 6) without success. What username do you use?

wizzardsl
Friendly Neighbour

I can confirm after talking with Telus Tech support that I am correct in that if you want to range extend your WIFI6 Boost 2.0 system that uses the B20A you will need more B20A devices. The regular Telus extenders are not WIFI6 (AX) and will not extend the B20A.

Ok, if I get an additional B20A device for the basement will that create another SSID network or can it be set up as a mesh network so that it's a single wifi network for the whole house?

sxrnathan
Friendly Neighbour

how does one go about getting the wifi6 A/P. My T3200 is in the basement behind the furnace, so wifi on the other side of the house is weak. Have a router set up as an A/P and for years the wifi has been great, over the last little bit the speeds have dropped and the wifi has been flaky. Looking for a WiFi6 option.