cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network for wi-fi boosters

McSchultz
Just Moved In

When I add a wi-fi booster (starter) pack to my network, should I be using a different network ssid than my current one?  That's not how I expected it to work, but the documentation implies that you set it up with a new network name.

Thanks,

Arthur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @McSchultz ,

Yes and no. To keep instructions as simple as possible, TELUS recommends choosing a different network SSID than the current one. This will prevent network conflict, and issues re-configuring Optik TV.

However, if you wish to keep the same SSID name & password, you are more than welcome to, but you will need to disable the wireless radio on your original modem, which is likely the T3200. Depending on if you only have internet, or if you have internet and Optik TV the instructions will change slightly. If you would like to keep the same SSID on your TELUS Boost WiFi, Click Here to follow the instructions to disable your wireless radio on your T3200 modem/router.

Hope that helps 🙂

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BrandonT
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @McSchultz ,

Yes and no. To keep instructions as simple as possible, TELUS recommends choosing a different network SSID than the current one. This will prevent network conflict, and issues re-configuring Optik TV.

However, if you wish to keep the same SSID name & password, you are more than welcome to, but you will need to disable the wireless radio on your original modem, which is likely the T3200. Depending on if you only have internet, or if you have internet and Optik TV the instructions will change slightly. If you would like to keep the same SSID on your TELUS Boost WiFi, Click Here to follow the instructions to disable your wireless radio on your T3200 modem/router.

Hope that helps 🙂

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The T3200M does not have the ability to act as the first node of a mesh, so the Boost Wi-Fi devices have to operate the mesh independent of the router. The new Wi-Fi hub being installed in some markets can act as the first node. If you have Optik TV, I recommend you select a different SSID for your mesh.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"