cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network MS / Latency issues in Virtual Reality, can't figure it out

poodude289
Organizer

The Problem - I am experiencing network ms and latency spikes at periodic intervals at the same time, it's a pretty obvious correlation in my video. It happens with both the ISP router, and my AXE75 which I used to attempt to fix the problem but it of course persists. Network ms / latency spike up and down by exactly 10 essentially at the same general time.

Video below.

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIF1jf3DlOg

My Setup -

- Two TV Boxes, ISP Router/Modem Combo, Network Access Hub, and an AXE75.

What I've tried -

- Dedicated AP Router AXE75 specifically for VR that nobody else was connected to

- ICS setup with AXE75 to try and isolate away from ISP network incase it was causing a problem

- Switching cables

- Tried checking for PC instability incase it had something to do with it

What I've noticed -

With my AXE75, if it is in bridge mode it performs even worse, but runs better in main router mode - still has the re-occurring spikes though just like the ISP router.

8 REPLIES 8

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you spoken with our Tech Support team about this?

Yes, the person replaced the NAH and left, it didn't help.

Essentially did a speedtest said nothing was wrong and left, I need somebody that is going to go more in-depth here.

Problem (youtube.com)

I took a new video if you want to see.

Could really use some help here lol

poodude289
Organizer

Problem (youtube.com)    ---New video link

Real life sustainable speed of 5G WiFi is around 200Mbps, and you are pushing it. For 200Mbps CBR encoding, you probably want to use a wired connection, or go VBR by enabling 'Automatic bitrate'. My 2 cents.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Perhaps a search online would yield some better support help.