cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NH20A Bridge Mode and admin page not find

Ming
Organizer

Hi @DrPacman,

Telus technician gave me the NH20A today and installed it successfully. Now the path is:

PurFibre ==> Nokia SFP+ ==> NH20A (10G bridge mode) ==> RJ45 10G port ==> CAT8 ==> UDM-SE (RJ45 WAN port 2.5G supported) ==> Switch ==> My PC.

My PC gets full speed and works well. Thank you for your previous suggestions. I have some more questions here and hope you can help me out again:

1. The NH20A has four bridge modes and the Technician could not answer the difference between bridge modes. I cannot remember their name, but I pick the 10G Bridge mode in this case. Am I correct?
    1. 10G Bridge Mode.
    2. Full Bridge Mode.
    3. XXXX Bridge Mode (cannot remember).
    4. XXXX Bridge mode (cannot remember).
  2. After I set the NH20A to 10G Bridge mode, I cannot access this NH20A device anymore. I tried 192.168.1.254 and 192.168.1.1 with different ports. The technician told me to reset the NH20A to access the admin page again. So the device admin page won't allow anyone to access its admin page after it is set to Bridge mode. Am I correct?
  3. Since the RJ45 works fine, should I get the MikroTik S+RJ10? Will this SFP+ work better compared with RJ45?
    1. NH20A 10G port ==> CAT8 ==> MikroTik S+RJ10 ==> UDM-SE SFP+ 10G port
  4. Should I try the 10G SFP+ (Amazon Link) to replace the NH20A and the Nokia SFP+? The Telus technician said he don't know and I can try. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Ming Wrote: I pick the 10G Bridge mode in this case.

Your taxing my memory here, so be warned.

Correct mode to pick as it passes the raw connection through the 10Gbps port on the NH20A unobstructed. You as well are correct in assuming that you may have to reset the modem to gain access to the modems web page, as its only working as a media converter now.

Frankly, I'd just leave well enough alone with your system. You have full throughput, you've gained access to your entire speed allotment, and have control of your network at the UDMPro SE configuration level. This is about as good as you could possibly expect. bee happy.... Cheers...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Ming Wrote: I pick the 10G Bridge mode in this case.

Your taxing my memory here, so be warned.

Correct mode to pick as it passes the raw connection through the 10Gbps port on the NH20A unobstructed. You as well are correct in assuming that you may have to reset the modem to gain access to the modems web page, as its only working as a media converter now.

Frankly, I'd just leave well enough alone with your system. You have full throughput, you've gained access to your entire speed allotment, and have control of your network at the UDMPro SE configuration level. This is about as good as you could possibly expect. bee happy.... Cheers...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.