cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAH as a media server

deedesie
Organizer

For some reason, my TELUS NAH is showing up under "Network" in windows explorer as a "media device"? 

and it even has some music installed on it. I did download some music via Spotify on my iPhone into my Spotify library but how come is it on my NAH? yours very confused,

2024-06-27_20-00-21.jpg2024-06-27_19-59-06.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

The NAH / FXA5000 does support DLNA like many routers. Seeing it appear as a media device isn't a surprise.

Digital Living Network Alliance or DLNA-certified devices allow you to share content between devices around your house over your home Wi-Fi network.

DLNA compatible devices can be connected to a home network just like a computer or smartphone. Once the connection is established, you can browse selected folders on your media server PC right from your TV screen. You can select music to listen to, or photos and videos to watch.

I am surprised that the music downloaded from Spotify appeared on it though. Anything downloaded from Spotify should remain on the device it's downloaded on as it should be encrypted, as far as I am aware.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

No there is no hard drive. Most routers have a USB port that will allow you to connect one though.

If it is DLNA, then it's just showing media files stored on one of the devices on the network.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TELUS_Support
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's definitely odd, @Nighthawk is this something you've heard of?

The NAH / FXA5000 does support DLNA like many routers. Seeing it appear as a media device isn't a surprise.

Digital Living Network Alliance or DLNA-certified devices allow you to share content between devices around your house over your home Wi-Fi network.

DLNA compatible devices can be connected to a home network just like a computer or smartphone. Once the connection is established, you can browse selected folders on your media server PC right from your TV screen. You can select music to listen to, or photos and videos to watch.

I am surprised that the music downloaded from Spotify appeared on it though. Anything downloaded from Spotify should remain on the device it's downloaded on as it should be encrypted, as far as I am aware.

Thank you. after rebooting the NAH and my PC it has disappeared - which I am glad about. somehow some music must have got mapped to the NAH. Also - does this mean there is a hard drive in the NAH to store this multimedia? 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

No there is no hard drive. Most routers have a USB port that will allow you to connect one though.

If it is DLNA, then it's just showing media files stored on one of the devices on the network.