cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Purefibre harassment

Ceekay
Just Moved In

I am not a Telus TV or internet client, but I did agree to have PureFibre installed in my house. Since then, I have been accosted at home by two aggressive salespersons to convert from my current provider to Telus on the spot (the last guy tried a second time this evening after I ran him off the first time). When I advised them that I would like to do my own due diligence, the response was, "no problem, we'll schedule you for two weeks from now.". They would not take no for an answer. They were aggressive and patronising. The first guy even asked me if I had a drink for him!

I realise that these guys are likely not Telus employees, but rather contractors. However, is there any way I can lodge a formal complaint to Telus? One thing's for sure; for each salesman that knocks on my door, the likelihood of me becoming a Telus client diminishes exponentially!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can reach out to TELUS and address any concerns here. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can reach out to TELUS and address any concerns here. 

I did that. Awaiting a reply.

BillTelusCust
Rockstar

They don't seem to do anything about it, from my perspective this has been going on for years. At least they have fiber to sell you. They were bugging my wife when they said they'd have pure fibre within six months and were trying to sell their DSL/Optik which didn't work from that location.  They've also had obnoxious and persistent reps in mall displays.  I wish more people would complain, it is absolutely unacceptable.

BillTelusCust
Rockstar

The other thing Telus does, to get around "no junk mail signs" is to send mail to "occupant" and your address.  For an otherwise well intentioned company, their marketing is supremely obnoxious.

My "no junk mail" sign has been up for decades and I still get crap from everyone every week. The contractors that distribute mail to the community mailbox don't care. Note that any mail with your address on it is not considered junk mail. You can't expect Canada Post to read the name and decide if it's junk mail or not.

As for what to do about sales people who come to the door, how about saying "no thank you, no need to come back and ask again" and close the door without waiting for a reply. I do that all the time.