cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to Gmail

Robwylie
Just Moved In

So why did Telus make change now during covid when most computer support is not available? Ie a person coming to house to help us that are not very computer savey.  When I first saw Email about the change I taught it was a scam, No indication that it was rely from Telus. So kept deleting it. Finlay I called support, they booked me a time at 0700 agent said she would call me on the day of switch over at 0900 to see if all worked.

I started at 0700 by 0930 I had my emails switched over to Gmail. But my OutLook would not work, and no call received from agent yet.

So I called, the agent attempted to solve problem but kept telling me, we cant work on 3rd party software. So again why the change? Finlay I got fed up asked her to put me through to complaints depart. Not much help there. Now it is 1130. The phone rings its the agent that told me a week ago she would call back between 0900 & 1000  She solved the problem. Its now 1:30PM. I ask if my cell phone will be affected by change. She tried but got no place.  So I call tech dept, got an inpatient chap, no help. Again I phone, this time a very helpful man. Problem solved now 2:30PM  Told him about my dad, He offered me a gift if I signed a contract. I said no way with Telus after today. I told him pay me for my wasted day. 

So that is my gripe with Telus

I hope they read this and offer me some kind of compensation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DK-YYC
Helpful Neighbour

This whole "upgrade" to TELUS e-mail by Google has been really disappointing and very poorly executed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DK-YYC
Helpful Neighbour

This whole "upgrade" to TELUS e-mail by Google has been really disappointing and very poorly executed.

Robwylie
Just Moved In

Question..  I don't like how my name is displayed on the Email. 

Can I go into my Gmail and change it? Also the way folders are set up. 

Will I have to do a bunch of stuff on my Outlook? 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Usually managing how your return address and your signature are displayed are managed in the mail program you are using, in your case Outlook. There should be options to change this in your settings.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

DK-YYC
Helpful Neighbour

Unfortunately you will need to make a number of changes to your Microsoft Outlook settings.

The TELUS instructions on this are 'somewhat' informative. Depending upon how your Windows computer (I'm assuming that you are using a Windows computer) the exact screens from the 'settings' page may look somewhat different.

Also - try to follow the directions in the exact order presented - when I did the "upgrade" on Outlook 2013 I experienced a repeated issue where it wouldn't recognize my password (which made no sense as I already had my "upgraded" e-mail working on my iPhone, my iPad and my other computer with Outlook 2016). The only thing that made a difference was the order in which the Outlook 2013 settings were done.

It would really be helpful if TELUS was more transparent with their 'upgrades' and provide their customers with more information.

One other item - it did appear that all of the e-mail that was in my "old" TELUS inbox and folders did get migrated (moved over) but the dates for all the messages are now the same - a date from earlier this week (at least this is the case on Outlook).