cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MagicJack Error 3002 After Migration to Fiber Optic

OluLifted
Just Moved In

My magicJack phone worked perfectly until I migrated from copper to fiber optic using the new TELUS Network Access Hub Wall Plate Modem. Googled solution to the error 3002, and I have restarted my newly installed modem several times and the error code 3002 will not stop. Called MagicJack, they sent me to Telus, called Telus, they sent me to MagicJack. But now I am 100% sure that the problem is with Telus because my phone was working before the upgrade.

MagicJack rep. mentioned something like "You may also request your Internet provider or your router manufacturer to open the UDP ports 5060 and 5070 to allow for full functionality of magicJack".

Not savvy in this area, but I would like someone to help me resolve this issue or guide me through it. This is frustrating and really annoying. I believe the newly installed TELUS Network Access Hub has a settings that is not activated for VOIP or that needs to be added to allow VOIP phones like MagicJack to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DrPacman
Rockstar

@OluLifted Wrote: MagicJack Error 3002 After Migration to Fiber Optic

There has been a previous thread in regards to the MagicJack problem. Perhaps a couple of the suggestions may help solve your problems. Link listed below for your reference. Cheers...

An additional thought might be to port your MJ number to a alternative VoIP provider that supports the technology better than MJ. There are a slew that are as cheap and provide more features than MJ. Just a thought...

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/magicJack-Error-3002/m-p/39926/highlight/true#M2710

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

DrPacman
Rockstar

@OluLifted Wrote: MagicJack Error 3002 After Migration to Fiber Optic

There has been a previous thread in regards to the MagicJack problem. Perhaps a couple of the suggestions may help solve your problems. Link listed below for your reference. Cheers...

An additional thought might be to port your MJ number to a alternative VoIP provider that supports the technology better than MJ. There are a slew that are as cheap and provide more features than MJ. Just a thought...

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/magicJack-Error-3002/m-p/39926/highlight/true#M2710

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.