cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with 2.4Ghz only devices and Boost Wifi

sanchismo
Just Moved In

Hello,

I've had a chromecast (2.4Ghz only) connected to my wifi network for a few years. I have recently installed 3 boost wifi points around my house and I'm having a lot of issues with the chromecast. Most of the time it can't connect to the network although one of the boost wifi points is basically sitting 2 feet away from it.

I'm also having the same issues with my vivint sky panel (2.4Ghz only).

The "primary boost wifi" is connected via ethernet to the actiontec and I have disabled 2.4Ghz wifi in the actiontec as per recommendation.

Has anybody experienced issues like this?

Regards,
Paco

1 REPLY 1

ADC
Organizer

I'm also having similar issues, with my google homes and chromecasts connecting and disconnecting with my boosted home.

I found out that the problem for me is SmartSteering, the feature that basically mashes your 2.4 and 5 GHz networks into 1 network. Now, you can turn off the smart Steering, however, this does not turn it off for the boosters, so essentially your have 3 networks (if you have your router broadcasting also).

Does anybody know how to turn off the SmartSteering on the boost wifi's? I would like to have my 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz separately and boosted.