cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PureFibre 300/300 really at least 300Mbps

BPcalg
Friendly Neighbour

Last month I upgraded from PureFibre Internet 150/150 to PureFibre Internet 300/300.

The Telus My Wi-Fi App speed test with 150/150 consistently showed download speeds of 179-185Mbps and upload speeds 171-185Mbps

However my 300/300 plan only gets 262-292Mbps download and 240-268Mbps upload. Is it unrealistic to expect at least 300Mbps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Call and schedule a service call. They’ll probably do some basic troubleshooting first.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

FrustratedTinman
Friendly Neighbour

Yes. Telus will not provide the agreed upon numbers. I've been fighting with them for 5 years to get 75 Mbps. Good luck friend.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you testing with a hard wired connection not Wi-Fi? You shouldn't have an issue hitting 300/300.

Testing with Ookla for Windows. My wired connection consistently gives 170Mbps

Sent from my smartphone.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

When the tech did the install he should have left his card if you had any issue(s). Have you called him?

My service was installed 4 years ago. I might still have the tech's card. I just changed to 300/300 from PureFibre 150/150. I used to get consistent download speeds around 180Mbps on the old plan.
I thought I should be getting similar results greater than 300 Mbps with the new plan but it is not happening.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Call and schedule a service call. They’ll probably do some basic troubleshooting first.

c0br3tii
Neighbour

Exactly same situation (speeds) here on both options. Somehow when I had 150/150 I was getting above contract speeds and now that I upgraded to 300/300 I get below contract speeds. Still lots of internet 🙂