cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

chapped
Just Moved In

Hello! I am getting a new computer soon, and I was wondering how the internet connection would work. I am not sure how to connect the PC through an ethernet cable because my router and modem are in a different part of my house. They are connected to the wall and I think the TV. So how would I connect it to the PC? Would the WiFi still work around the house if I was to unplug it and put it next to the PC? Also, what would I need to connect the PC to (The modem or router?) Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

xray
Hero
Before you unplug anything and move it you need to look at the devices and identity what it is and how it's connected.

Chances are that you won't need to reconfigure anything but you haven't provided any information to make that determination.

k2spirit839
Coach

A Powerline Ethernet connection would be the simplest way to get a hard wire connection! It work over your homes electrical wiring. Like the one in this link below, “might have to copy and past it”.

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/powerline/

Depending how the home is wired or specific make of power line adapter. I have noticed them pixelate and digitize optik tv service.