cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Light on T3200M Modem Is Orange

Zen77
Neighbour

Hello,

This might seem like a repetitive and simple matter but I thought I'd ask around anyway while waiting for Telus Support to get back to me.

Early this morning, I noticed that my laptop which usually automatically connects to the home wi-fi was indicating that although it was connected to the Telus network, there was "no internet". I went downstairs to where the Telus T3200M modem was and found that the 'Internet' indicator light was orange instead of its usual green. However, the 'Wi-fi' light remains green.

To attempt to fix this, I tried about three or four times to restart my modem: unplugging the power cord from the back, waiting at least thirty seconds before plugging it back in and waiting for the modem to reboot. All three times brought the same results: orange 'Internet' light, green 'Wi-fi' light. I have held off on doing a factory reset as I am not the owner of the property and the network settings were set well before I moved in earlier this year. I have spoken to my landlord and they mentioned they wouldn't mind me performing a factory reset, but I thought I'd check with Telus Support and the community here first.

Does anyone have any ideas besides what's already been mentioned above to try and fix the orange light? Much thanks and have a great day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If the Internet account is not under your cell phone then the only account it will find is your Koodo account.

You mentioned you are a tenant. Is the account under your landlord's name? If so you won't be able to ask for help because you don't own the account.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Unfortunately if you’ve tried rebooting the modem several times and your modem and refuses to come back online. A TELUS tech will have to locate the issue, be it a hardware failure or a problem with your service (line).

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I'm in the Calgary area, and I've tried calling the 1-888 number for my area, but after inputting my phone number as the automated assistant asks, I get automatically redirected to Koodo, my cellphone network provider. Is there a way around this?

I've resorted to trying to reach Support on Twitter instead, but they have yet to get back to me.

Are you calling the home services support number? I'm surprised it would redirect you to Koodo.

1-888-811-2323

If you can get an Internet connection on a laptop try using the online Chat system to get support. Unfortunately there isn't a way to access the Chat system on a mobile device.

I have tried three different numbers now:

1-866-558-2273

1-855-550- 4334

1-888-811-2323

All of these have routinely asked me if I wanted to be served in English or French, then asked for my phone number. After I give my phone number with area code, an automated but different voice says "Welcome to Koodo Mobile" and proceeds to list a few options that I have zero need for.

If the Internet account is not under your cell phone then the only account it will find is your Koodo account.

You mentioned you are a tenant. Is the account under your landlord's name? If so you won't be able to ask for help because you don't own the account.

That explains things, then. Thank you.

I've already forwarded the issue to my landlord. I was thinking initially that there would be a way to move forward with this without involving my landlord.

This is a security measure that prevents unauthorized people from making changes to accounts. Fixing issues sometimes means making changes.