cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Won't Ring, Just Goes to Voice Mail

CityKitty
Organizer

A couple of days ago, without my notice or having changed anything, I suddenly noticed my phone had a missed messages alert. I checked and the times noted were when I was home. Then, an important call I was expecting didn't come and I noticed again the missed messages alert.

I have the home phone lite with caller ID, so shouldn't even have voice mail. I've checked the forums, help database and tv menus but can't find any spot to turn this off. There was some reference to *94 to do something or other, but when I do that, I just get told my call can't be completed as dialed.

Does anyone know how I can turn this off and get my phone to behave normally again?

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

rc
Rockstar

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a problem with my Panasonic cordless phone, I cleared the voice mail indicator by  removing  power from the device. This may work for you or you may have to reset the device.

Scruffy
Organizer

My phone works, but does not ring. Wired from the ont box "pots1" port. No tv display either in at least a month

you will need to contact telus  technical support and report that your phone is not working.

I did try those links.

I'm not far from that area in Surrey. I was on hold with the tech dept for about 20 mins but had to go. I will try them again. Thanks for the heads up!!

My dad had the same issue for copper phone. There was a major issue the past week with Shaw in Fleetwood area of Surrey, BC and also incoming calls from plants on 84th and 156th street on Telus side of things. And now there a serinant problem from data center in Surrey somewhere only to my dad's connection. I would recommend phoning telus for fix

@kikithecafekief101 wrote:
My dad had the same issue for copper phone. There was a major issue the past week with Shaw in Fleetwood area of Surrey, BC and also incoming calls from plants on 84th and 156th street on Telus side of things. And now there a serinant problem from data center in Surrey somewhere only to my dad's connection. I would recommend phoning telus for fix

Sounds like it's not an isolated incident!

Scruffy
Organizer

Called Telus and they fixed it right away, yay!