cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming

JujhaarSekhon
Advocate
I have Telus purefibre with internet 150 and also have Telus boost wifi. when I play games on my ps4 such as nba 2k20 I lag a lot
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

NBA 2K20 is well known to have ongoing lag issues independent of the internet provider used. Especially for MyTeam Online. A quick google search will confirm that if you're curious.

There have been quite a few cases where the internet connection itself is not the issue but the game and the game's servers are. Especially with some of the console titles.

If your PS4 is connected using wireless, that is another potential issue. It is always recommended to have a physically hardwired connection for gaming. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

NBA 2K20 is well known to have ongoing lag issues independent of the internet provider used. Especially for MyTeam Online. A quick google search will confirm that if you're curious.

There have been quite a few cases where the internet connection itself is not the issue but the game and the game's servers are. Especially with some of the console titles.

If your PS4 is connected using wireless, that is another potential issue. It is always recommended to have a physically hardwired connection for gaming. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

carlosalberto2
Neighbour

Excellent!