cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre optic issue.. or new modem?

id say since i got home around 5:30 the 3-5 mins the only optik tv goes out on fibre... television signal has be lost.

i unplug the ONT and modem about four days ago. why is this happening, i thought only on copper would do this like at my moms place when she had copper.. now it like copper. should i check this out in the morning? is there a new modem or any new 4K set top boxes out this year?

dont get to mad!! @Nighthawk its two question in one..

also there an accident down the road where the 502 buses go down the hwy down two main intersection where the only is heavy copper and fibre wires.

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Correct me if I'm wrong but you previously said that your upstairs neighbor holds the Telus account and pays Telus for the service, correct? If that's still the case and the account is not under your name specifically, you need to get the account holder to call in to tech support. I wouldn't recommend trying to troubleshoot someone elses internet connection. You never know if it'll cause problems for your neighbor.

Your description of the problem is far too vague to even identify a possible cause. If rebooting the gateway (don't touch the ONT and don't reset the gateway) and rebooting the TV box doesn't resolve the issue, have the account holder call tech support. If the internet connection is working normally there may be something just impacting TV services.

As a side note, fibre does not use a modem. Modems are for DSL connections. The Actiontec gateway connected to the ONT is simply a router. The car accident will have zero bearing on the perceived troubles. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂