cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre installation in cities

Zulzrin
Just Moved In
I have been told by several Telus employees that fibre was coming to Sylvan lake, Calgary, Edmonton by 2020-2021, I am just wondering if that is still happening. I am tired of the highest download and upload speed being 2mb/1mb. It’s very unstable and it’s just irritating.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Depending on your needs and budget you may wish to look at Starlink. A friend of mine is on a rural property and recently got this and it's been a major improvement from xplornet and LTE which he's used in the past:

Starlink in Canada - Review of cost, speeds & coverage | Cansumer

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

polecat
All-Star

@Zulzrin Unfortunatly no one on here can tell you what Telus timelines are for fiber. High density population areas first. Rural areas will wait a long time. It is a costly thing install. Our town was one of the first to be done in BC.

That’s unfortunate to hear, I am very unhappy with the internet stability and I can’t do anything about it. I guess I can just hope for it one day.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Depending on your needs and budget you may wish to look at Starlink. A friend of mine is on a rural property and recently got this and it's been a major improvement from xplornet and LTE which he's used in the past:

Starlink in Canada - Review of cost, speeds & coverage | Cansumer

Just a long time customer hoping to help.