cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber X 5 capped at 3250 mbps

Vincent86
Helpful Neighbour

I signed up for the new Fiber X5 plan. My entire house and all devices are connected on 10Gbe connections.

However my DOWNLOAD speed is still capped at 3250 mbps, while my upload is at 5350 mbps. 

All the benchmarks show around 3100mbps, all uploads show around 4700 Mbps.

I have the "Nokia XS-250X-A" currently, but both the NH20A and NH20T showed the same speeds. 

When I log into My TELUS I see under “Plan Details”: 

PureFibre X 5 Gigabit Internet

DOWNLOAD SPEED: Up to 3250 Mbps

- UPLOAD SPEED: Up to 5350 Mbps

Which is exactly what I see in my speed tests. I’ve had 3 technicians over in the last 10 days and they all seems to be clueless and leave without resolving the problem. 

How can get the full 5350 download speeds enabled on my account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Thanks to users like yourself, we were able to talk to the network team and identify/fix the issue. Thanks for posting!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

This plan does allow multiple devices to run at high speeds simultaneously without experiencing any bandwidth issues. It's not about having a single device that can download 5 Gbps, and most devices aren't able to support that speed due to device limitations anyways. We could always look into the option of having someone from our Tech Support team reach out to you, but it appears as you've said you've already had technicians in person. As the plan details dictate, the download speed is up to 3250 Mbps. Let us know if you'd like us to get you in touch with our Tech Support team.

Mod Edit: We made a mistake and thanks to you community members we were able to identify and fix the issue! Thank you!

Please send us a message if you are experiencing this issue as well so we can forward your account details to the proper team

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

I was told by the sales representative that it’s 5000 mbps down.

Why does this page advertise 5 Gbps download speeds, if it’s actually capped at 3 Gbps? That would be false advertising. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

It does say 'up to 5 Gbps' in the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page, so it's not. If you'd like, we can always get you in touch with our Tech Support team.

Mod Edit: We apologize for the unhelpful answer.

If you are experiencing this issue, please send us a private message so we can forward your details to our network team and resolve the issue faster

Your answers are vague and not helpful.

Up to 5 Gbps of what? Under what conditions? How do I reach this?

My plan is clearly capped at 3250 mbps, as my account states. How do I get the full 5 Gbps unlocked?

I also don't see an "up to" or asterisks, the plan page says 5 Gigabit download speed, does it not?

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 09.33.11.png

I am also seeing the exact same thing. My MyTelus account clearly states a max of 3250 mbps. @TELUS_Support can you please help us figure this out?

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @mcianfar - we are sorry for the confusion and have identified this as an issue. We will be sending you a message to gather your account details to forward this to our network team. 

Please direct anyone with the same issue to message us here in the neighbourhood so we can gather as many examples as we can

It looks like the technician I worked with locally has been talking with the "backend support team" of Telus and my speeds are now close to 5000/5000. I'm not sure what they did, but it's working well now.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Thanks to users like yourself, we were able to talk to the network team and identify/fix the issue. Thanks for posting!

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Sorry @Vincent86 we apologize for the confusion. After investigating internally and externally we realized that the max download speeds of 3250mbps is an issue. We are gathering account details so send this off to our networking team to get this resolved ASAP.

We were wrong to say that the max speeds was 3250mbps and you should be getting the full 5Gbps download speeds.

We will be sending you a private message here shortly to verify the account and to get some details. Please tell anyone you hear that is going through the same issue to message us so we can send more examples to our network team

I appreciate it, thanks for the update.

BubblyCharizard
Organizer

sounds like a provisioning issue, did you upgrade from the 3GBit plan?

Yes, upgraded from the 3000/3000 plan. The last technician said he sees the full speeds enabled on my account (at his end), but "My Telus" and the speedtests say otherwise.

5911287335244305399.png