cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the t3200 hardware support gigabit fibre plan?

Fatty_Cow
Neighbour
I recently upgraded from telus 25 to gigabit Fibre plan (shocking, I know).

I got sent a t3200m hardware for upgraded speed.

My question is does the t3200 support gigabit fibre? I saw in other posts people have been installing the white "trash can" wifi hub. Wondering if I should get those new hardware?

I'm in Vancouver bc if that helps.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have gigabit fibre and the T3200M. Wired speeds give me the full 940/940. (Speedtest result)  If you are able to use ethernet, that will always give the best performance. Wireless will never see the full speed on a single device but it still is pretty fast. Line of sight you'll probably get 400mbps+. If there are some walls in the way, 150-300mbps, at least from my testing. For fastest wifi, if you have devices that support wifi 6, see if Telus has the wifi 6 boost available in your area. On my desktop that has wifi 6 I get between 450 and 500mbps and that's with three walls between the PC and the WAP. It's over 600mbps when closer. 

One advantage with the T3200M over the white trash can is the T3200M will let you split your wifi into 2.4gHz and 5gHz networks. If you have smart devices that only work with 2.4, this will make things easier. Last I heard the white trash can doesn't have a separate 2.4gHz network.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have gigabit fibre and the T3200M. Wired speeds give me the full 940/940. (Speedtest result)  If you are able to use ethernet, that will always give the best performance. Wireless will never see the full speed on a single device but it still is pretty fast. Line of sight you'll probably get 400mbps+. If there are some walls in the way, 150-300mbps, at least from my testing. For fastest wifi, if you have devices that support wifi 6, see if Telus has the wifi 6 boost available in your area. On my desktop that has wifi 6 I get between 450 and 500mbps and that's with three walls between the PC and the WAP. It's over 600mbps when closer. 

One advantage with the T3200M over the white trash can is the T3200M will let you split your wifi into 2.4gHz and 5gHz networks. If you have smart devices that only work with 2.4, this will make things easier. Last I heard the white trash can doesn't have a separate 2.4gHz network.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂