cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DYNAMIC DNS

fizz110
Just Moved In

I have the new Fiber Optic Telus Router, however not sure how to setup a dynamic DNS for it.

Previously was able to set a dynamic dns and use Google or opendns. New router setup looks weird.

Please advise. See Screeshot , I was able to login to the router. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

A dynamic DNS is something entirely different than setting Google, CloudFlare or OpenDNS as your DNS servers. Now I'm guessing you have the new white wireless hub Telus offers to fibre users. I'm going to guess the DNS settings you're looking for are going to be under WAN since that's where the DNS settings are on the older router Telus provides that I have.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

A dynamic DNS is something entirely different than setting Google, CloudFlare or OpenDNS as your DNS servers. Now I'm guessing you have the new white wireless hub Telus offers to fibre users. I'm going to guess the DNS settings you're looking for are going to be under WAN since that's where the DNS settings are on the older router Telus provides that I have.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂