cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Network Technology (Samoa) Limited device on my wifi?

Achristine1427
Friendly Neighbour

Cloud Network Technology (Samoa) Limited

Can someone please help me out to identify what this device is and why it continues to connect and disconnect from my home WiFi throughout the day and night. I know that when my ex has shown up it has connected minutes after his iPhone connects to our WiFi. He did used to live here and does know the WiFi passwords and has had access to our Ethernet and router... and also has a history of hacking and  using "backdoor" to hack into my accounts and get information. He has know said somethings that are very concerning regarding my bank account activity and also deposits i have received in my account etc.. I will attach my system log to show the activity and how often it has logged on and off and even doing so when he is not around but is at work and i am the only one at the house and know all of the devices that are connected to our WiFi. I may be completely paranoid but given that he has now shared information about my finances, I do feel uneasy doing anything online anymore.. 

I colored in pink where the device has connected and disconnected, just a few of the times and there are a lot more throughout just today.. 

28:3a:4d:b8:bd:4d is the mac of what comes up under Cloud Network Tech (Samoa) ?

I am just looking for clarity as I have searched the mac and also have written down all devices that connect to our WiFi. Including our security cameras, WiFi booster from Telus, PS4 and so on.. and this does not link up to anything we have in our home... 

Please help.. Thank you

Screenshot 2021-09-30 22.57.36.pngScreenshot 2021-09-30 22.57.09.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Checked all devices,,,, nothing with that address ..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It could be any number of devices that happen to be using a network chipset from Cloud Network Technology. CNT is a subsdiary of Foxconn, which is the company that manufactures a ton of devices that are sold here ranging from cheap little things to iPhones and PCs. Some possibilities I've identified from the internet are a smart TV possibly a Sony, an HP computer/laptop, an HP printer, or a Playstation. Multiple reports for the Sony smart TV and Playstation. It's possible some of the Playstations are using a network chipset that is coming up as Cloud Network Technology. Check the network settings on the PS4 and see if it'll show you the MAC address from it's network adapter.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Checked all devices,,,, nothing with that address ..

Achristine1427
Friendly Neighbour

checked all smart tvs and playstations and or devices in our home. There is nothing with it ... im sketched  out lol

Considering the extreme range of devices Foxconn manufactures, it could be almost anything and more than likely it won't be malicious. Do you have any IoT or smart devices? Wireless cameras?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

We have a doorbell camera and 2 other security cameras that we had installed by Telus 3 months ago. I have one Smart TV that is not even connected right now as it is packed up to move and there are 4 smart devices including 1 ps4 that is on our wifi and my sons ihome mini. But like i said i have checked all of these devices and all cameras, router, our wifi boosters mac addresses and nothing matches that one that keeps connecting when my ex comes by the house... Maybe im overly paranoid lol