Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to some website using home internet

kkim604
Friendly Neighbour

Hi
I have weird issue with my home internet, Telus Purefiber Gig

This never happened before, until today.

I cannot connect to some websites, legitimate website for business and school.

I get
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

If I turn off wifi and use mobile data on my phone, it's connects fine, but not on home wifi.
I have same problem on all devices at home, including PC which is connected direct to the Telus modem with cable. 
I do not have any 3rd party router/extender.  I'm only using Telus modem/wifi

I've tried rebooting the modem, as well resetting to factory default, reset firewall setting to default, in Telus modem admin tool.
I've tried on both Chrome and Edge, same problem.
I did not change any setting before this issue started.
I am using Bitdefender Total Security on my PC but I don't think that's blocking the website since it is not installed on my mobile devices, and mobile devices have same issue.

I have confirmed with my friends, they have no issue connecting to these websites.
I have check with the website company and they do not have any issue on their end.

This has to be something to do with my modem but I can't figure it out....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EchoSeismic
Just Moved In

Proper connectivity started again for me 10 minutes ago.  Have another try, and let me know if yours is resolved also...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

EchoSeismic
Just Moved In

I am a corporate client, and seeing similar issues.  I believe there is a backbone problem going on, and certain websites are affected.  Be good if Telus confirmed before I lose my hair checking things on my side..

EchoSeismic
Just Moved In

Proper connectivity started again for me 10 minutes ago.  Have another try, and let me know if yours is resolved also...

kkim604
Friendly Neighbour

YES! it's working now.
I can connect to all the website I couldn't connect this morning.
very weird
Thanks!