cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect Internet and TV on jack in bedroom

Caleb
Just Moved In

I am a Telus Internet and TV customer

In my living room I have a modem that my television box is plugged into.  It also has several Ethernet jacks that I can plug devices into (i.e. my laptop).

In my secondary bedroom (I use it as an office) there is a modem that also have a television.  I would like to be able to plug Ethernet network devices into it as well but the modem there does not have any extra Ethernet jacks.  I tried putting a router there, but I could only get Ethernet or Television not both.

Would it be possible to be able to have a different modem in the secondary bedroom that I could plug a television and Ethernet devices into and get service out of both?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You could install a Switch (not a modem) to connect both your TV and other devices to. You could also set up your TV on a wireless connection, and connect your computer to the Ethernet.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You could install a Switch (not a modem) to connect both your TV and other devices to. You could also set up your TV on a wireless connection, and connect your computer to the Ethernet.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Hi NFtoBC.  Thanks for replying and thanks for the advice.  I got a hub and replaced the router with it.  Now everything is working correctly.

Thanks again!