cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have Shaw and Telus internet at same location?

Bud4lfie
Just Moved In

Hello,

I currently have SHAW internet service at my location. I'd like to know if I could add Telus internet at same location as well.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Bud4lfie Wrote: I currently have SHAW internet service at my location. I'd like to know if I could add Telus internet at same location as well.

The answer is yes you can. You will of course be paying for the 2 services...

As the delivery is through different cabling it is possible. However, you can not combine the 2 separate feeds into a single feed for your internet. There is equipment that will do what is referred to as failover. That is were if one of the feeds fails the other takes over so that your downtime is minimal.

Bonding the 2 feeds between multiple companies is possible, however a very expensive task to accomplish and really not recommended for the average user at all...

Hope this helps.... Cheers....

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Bud4lfie Wrote: I currently have SHAW internet service at my location. I'd like to know if I could add Telus internet at same location as well.

The answer is yes you can. You will of course be paying for the 2 services...

As the delivery is through different cabling it is possible. However, you can not combine the 2 separate feeds into a single feed for your internet. There is equipment that will do what is referred to as failover. That is were if one of the feeds fails the other takes over so that your downtime is minimal.

Bonding the 2 feeds between multiple companies is possible, however a very expensive task to accomplish and really not recommended for the average user at all...

Hope this helps.... Cheers....

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

xray
Hero

When you get the TELUS service installed make sure the tech knows your coax cable is active to make sure they don't disconnect it thinking you won't be using it.