cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted Telus IP address

seanF
Neighbour

Hello

I am having email bounce back from diveshopscuba.com and when I checked with the web site host, Shaw Business, they were able to determine that my IP address is being Blacklisted by all Hostopia Providers. I am sending the email thru my business account hosted at Bluehost but home internet is Telus. Also similar results with the telus email. So, how do we fix this?

Sean

"Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 H:IPI [74.220.216.123] Connection originating from an IP address with a poor reputation."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Easiest way to find out who owns an IP is toss it in the search box at the top of https://whois.arin.net/ . It shows which company owns the netblock an IP(v4) address belongs to. The details of the IP you posted are here.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

So both your [email protected], and you [email protected] emails receive this error?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Yes, but it isn't consistent. One will bounce back then go through an hour later. As well as of the 3 addresses may bounce one or later bounce all.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

The recipient's mail server is likely using some form of blacklisting service to filter suspected spam. These blacklists are often updated multiple times a day and can result in the behaviour you are seeing.

It may be possible to get them to add your sending servers to a whitelist. You would need to work with the recipient to get this sorted out.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The IP address you posted, 74.220.216.123, is from BlueHost's IP pool. The issue you are having is with BlueHost and not Telus. You may want to reach out to BlueHost to see if there is anything they can do. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Interesting, I will touch base with them. I actually didn't check the IP address, just took Shaws word it was from a Telus server. Thanks

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Easiest way to find out who owns an IP is toss it in the search box at the top of https://whois.arin.net/ . It shows which company owns the netblock an IP(v4) address belongs to. The details of the IP you posted are here.