cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus router media bridge no 5ghz

Xcelsior
Just Moved In

I am trying to setup my asus router in media bridge mode so that some wired devices can use the wifi connection.  Connection is as follows:

T3200M (WiFi) -- Asus router as WiFi client -- Wired devices.

The issue I am having is that I can not connect to the 5ghz wireless network, it just doesn't show up in the list of available networks to connect to, but several other 5ghz networks show up as an option to connect to.  I can only connect to the 2.4ghz network and its very slow, only about 30mb down on a 1000/1000 connection.  Smart steering is on which I understand might be an issue, but we've got some telus wireless cameras setup and I'm not sure if turning off smart steering will affect that connection.  Not sure what to do.  Other wireless devices connect to 5ghz without issue.

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If SmartSteering is on you will not see separate 2.4 or 5GHz networks. You need to shut SmartSteering off. Then you'll be able to see the settings for the 5GHz network and it's SSID. As long as the 2.4GHz band keeps the original SSID and password, the wireless cameras should still be fine.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I just tried that and my asus router still could not see the 5ghz SSID at all.  All other devices could see both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz SSID's.  I'm at a complete loss with this and I just need to deal with the slow speeds.