cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actiontec ECB6000 MOCA Adapter bi-directional?

Cobram18
Neighbour

I'm wondering if the ECB6000 can be used to transmit internet signal in both directions? I use them in my system like this:

Modem(coax out) -> (coax in)adapter(LAN out) -> desktop

My question is can they be used like this:

Modem (LAN out) -> (LAN in)adapter(coax out) -> (coax in)2nd adapter(LAN out)->desktop

Strange, I know, but there is a reason for it and it is a looonnnnngggg explanation.  

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Your current situation uses the ECB6000 bi-directionally, so I don't see why adding another one would be any different.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xray
Hero

The adapters have no idea what's attached to the Ethernet or Coax connections, whether it's a router, computer or another adapter.

Your new configuration is not that strange. It all depends on what cabling you have available and where they run to/from. You work with what you have. I have Ethernet ports in many rooms in my house but I choose to use coax for network in some rooms because I'm running multiple analog security video streams with power over Ethernet instead. That's something I can't do with the coax.

Cobram18
Neighbour

Thanks for the replies. I had tried it in my setup once as I am wanting to get rid of the T3200M that I have and replace it with an Asus router/modem. Since the Asus does not have a coax out and the signal to all my wired TVs is via coax, I tried to use one of the adapters instead. It didn't work the first time I tried it so I assumed it was only meant to adapt coax->LAN and not in reverse. I will give it another try. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Unless the Asus modem has the multicast technology needed to run Optik, your TV won’t work, even if you had a direct ethernet run. Few have had success running TV on anything other than Telus routers.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"