cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account 90 days Grace period - Telus won't honour agreement

dopo1989
Just Moved In

Background: I moved cities and needed to cancel my internet for a bit. I am on a 2 year agreement with 1 year left.

I called Telus and spoke with an agent who gave me the advice of temporarily cancelling my agreement. He said that I would have a 90-day grace period to either find a new address or transfer my agreement to someone else.

I was charged $15/month penalty which was $180, but the agent reassured me that this would be refunded to me once I found a new address. I have a decent deal on my plan so I was also reassured that the same price would be honoured.

The rep wrote a note on my account file confirming the above.

Problem: I called in two times to get this done, but both times the sales reps have said that I needed to sign up for a new 2 year contract. They refused to allow me to continue the same agreement citing that the discounts that I had on my previous agreement were not available in the system to apply. I understand that, but it should be able to be overridden.

So rather than having a 1 year contract remaining at a $70~, I am being forced to sign up for a 2 year contract at $80+.

Not sure how to go about this, since I've already wasted so much time on the phone with unhelpful reps.

Any advice here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Hi @dopo1989 I can see the confusion in getting conflicting information.  I can reach out to you personnally to see how we can assist you.  I know there is an option of putting your service on hold temporarily at a reduced fee.  I can see if this option is available to you.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Hi @dopo1989 I can see the confusion in getting conflicting information.  I can reach out to you personnally to see how we can assist you.  I know there is an option of putting your service on hold temporarily at a reduced fee.  I can see if this option is available to you.  

Hi thank you, I would appreciate the help.

I have already put my account on hold and was charged the penalty. Just looking for options on how to reinstate my agreement now.