cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

75mbps fiber

Mavi
Neighbour
Hi all, I m new here so m not sure if my question would suite here. I m tking fiber 75mbps plan. When I talked to sales representative, he mentioned that my house has fiber connectivity. But installation guy is saying he need to do hole in the wall to bring the wire inside house n for which my landlord is not giving permission. Customer care gave option to go with copper with same plan..my question is if I go with Copper how much maps upload speed I would be getting in 75mbps plan.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Internet 75 copper service is 75Mbps down 15 Mbps upload. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Internet 75 copper service is 75Mbps down 15 Mbps upload. 

Thank you for your reply. I wanted to know what would be the range for upload. 15mbps is the maximum you mentioned.. how about is usual speed that run daily.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Shouldn't have an issue hitting 15Mbps on upload. But really depends on the line strength to the modem.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm on the Internet 75 plan and consistently get 74/23 and have seen as high as 80/30.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

@FuzzyLogic  thanks for your reply. Is this  75 plan on copper or fiber.. mine would be copper.

I’m on internet 100/20 copper and I get 35 up and high 90s down.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm on dual bonded copper. This is the fastest speed available to me according to Telus as Fibre isn't currently an option.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

@FuzzyLogic  A tech sent me all copper speeds last year. Download then upload  Upload speed is up TO only if you get higher you might have a better connection that day.    Down than up -----15 & 5-----25 & 10-----50 & 15 -------75 & 20 ------100 & 25 ------150 & 30     I assume the 150 is the bonded.  I could have fiber 25/25  constant 29/29 any time of day.  Polecat

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is there no option to bring the fibre into the dwelling through an existing hole? They should be able parallel the existing copper.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"