cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gb purefibre internet not that fast - what's wrong here?

robcalm
Neighbour

A week ago I upgraded from fibre 150 to 1gb.  I get that 1gb is theoretical and that network congestion can impact speed.  However, I've checked on ookla multiple times a day for the last week and the fastest down speed I get on a lan connection to my T3200m gateway is about 200mbits.  This is what I just got from inside the gateway firmware speedtest

robcalm_0-1639888540974.png

So, after a week of this I'm not satisfied that it might just be that the network is busy at a given moment.  I'd expect higher performance at least some of the time.

Anyone have suggestions on what is going on here?  might the gateway be the problem?  is it something else?  what's the best way to go about trying to resolve either on the hardware/config front or in dealing with telus themselves?

Cheers for help!

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may want to contact tech support and have them check that your connection profile on their end was properly updated to gigabit. I also have a T3200M and gigabit and have pretty consistent speeds on ethernet of over 900mbps. The max speed over ethernet you'll see is 940mbps up and down.

My last speedtest was 936.75/933.17. (https://www.speedtest.net/result/12488353943)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may want to contact tech support and have them check that your connection profile on their end was properly updated to gigabit. I also have a T3200M and gigabit and have pretty consistent speeds on ethernet of over 900mbps. The max speed over ethernet you'll see is 940mbps up and down.

My last speedtest was 936.75/933.17. (https://www.speedtest.net/result/12488353943)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

OK,thanks for the advice.  I'll contact tech support and see how that goes

This was an error with my migration.  Resolved now.  Thanks for the pointer.