cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shelley99
Organizer

I have emailed this before & you so nicely thanked me for the feedback, yet nothing changed. This drives us absolutely nuts, so perhaps if I laid out better specifics, you can see what’s happening.

We were watching the show, Flight Attendant - on demand. We watched S2 E5 & then we were half-way through S2 E6. We paused for about 3-5 mins to discuss something. After a couples of minutes, the screen reverted from the paused show - to a screen that showed the “Flight Attendant icon” with a “watch” button that we could click on….but….it was S2 E4 ! 

So…..we went to our demand “history” to find it and resume the episode 6. What we had in our “history”….as the most recent episodes watched…..was E3 and 4. No episode 5 or 6!  

So we clicked on E4, fast forwarded through it, got to E5, then fast forwarded through it also, and when it finished FF-ing through E5, and we clicked on “play next episode” to get to E6, E6 then came up with the green line that shows you where you are in the show, at half-way through the episode…..exactly where we left off.

This happens……ON EVERY SHOW. Constantly. I hate pausing a show for anything, even for a quick bathroom break, or else we spend 5 minutes clicking around, fast forwarding & trying to get back to where we were. Sometimes we weren’t sure the number of the episode we were on & so we have to watch bits & pieces of each of the last few episodes so we can mess around & figure out where we were. What a complete and onerous pain!

Please, please fix this. Thank you SO much. It’s really off-putting & makes us revert to Netflix or Amazon rather than have to deal with demand shows.

3 Comments
A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shelley99
Organizer
There wasn’t a reply idea that I could find so I am assuming this notification simply means that the idea was sent forward to the Telus techs? If so, thank you - SO MUCH.

Shelley Soden
gavorner
Organizer

In my opinion, you'll get a much better, more user friendly experience using a dedicated streaming device like a Firestick, Roku, Chromecast, etc than the Telus boxes. For some reason the PVRs are way behind in the tech. The streamers are very inexpensive -- $30 - $60.