cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does any one else have issues with cell services in major cities downtown??

Mel2
Neighbour

I live in calgary and I will have 1 bar downtown! Some parts of calgary SE I have no bars. 

3 REPLIES 3

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

There are of course a number of factors at play when it comes to signal strength. If restarting your phone or resetting your Network Settings doesn't help (and you're obviously in an area where our network should be sufficiently covered; downtown Calgary), the first thing to check is our page at www.telus.com/status as it shows any issues reported in the area...if there are any, that is. That all being said, if nothing seems to be improving your signal, your best bet would be to visit the nearest TELUS store so our team can take a look in person or by calling our Mobility team so they can assist!

UberAndy
Neighbour

ive noticed a huge degradation in the cell service in downtown calgary. switching to LTE instead of 5G on my phone doesnt really help. its been like this for at least 6 or so months. even got a new phone and it's still terrible. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Have you tried resetting your Network Settings or speaking with our Mobility team about this?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.