cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Migration. New modem sent?

Randy
Helpful Neighbour

I got a call from TELUS informing me of an upcoming network upgrade. I was sent an email with a list of pre-assigned IPs which I forwarded to my IT person who seemed happy enough to have gotten it. All this is a little over my head. Why do I need a new modem and why are my IPs changing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chuck81
Organizer

If your internet service is scheduled for a migration, it's usually a good thing. It means that TELUS is upgrading the infra-structure your line goes though to newer and more robust solutions/equipments.

What does this mean? in many cases, faster speeds and more stable connection

Unfortunately, sometimes, these upgrades requires internal ip routing to be updated and as result, your static ip address needs to be changed. Also, modems needs to change to support the new TELUS side equipments and future upgrades

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Chuck81
Organizer

If your internet service is scheduled for a migration, it's usually a good thing. It means that TELUS is upgrading the infra-structure your line goes though to newer and more robust solutions/equipments.

What does this mean? in many cases, faster speeds and more stable connection

Unfortunately, sometimes, these upgrades requires internal ip routing to be updated and as result, your static ip address needs to be changed. Also, modems needs to change to support the new TELUS side equipments and future upgrades