cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move device from partition 1 to partition 2

NeilH1
Neighbour

Hello! How do I move a device from partition 1 to partition 2? My house is partition 1 and my detached garage is partition 2. My garage motion sensor is assigned to partition 2 but the garage side door sensor is attached to partition 1. How do I reassign the garage side door from partition 1 to partition 2?

I tried using the online AI support and it produced what looked like a reasonable answer, but it didn't work. I don't have a partition box at the bottom of my screen when logged in to my security portal via my desktop. This is what Telus AI told me to do which didn't work:

To move a security device from Partition 1 to Partition 2 in SmartHome Security, please follow these steps:

1. Log into your TELUS SmartHome web portal on your desktop computer.
  2. Select the "Partitions" box located at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Configure systems" symbol next to the partition you want to make changes to (in this case, Partition 1).
  4. In the system settings pop-up, you will see a list of devices associated with Partition 1.
  5. Locate the security device you want to move and select it.
  6. In the device settings, you should find an option to change the partition assignment.
  7. Select Partition 2 as the new partition for the device.
  8. Save the changes by clicking the "X" symbol in the top right-hand corner of the pop-up box.
  9. The security device will now be moved from Partition 1 to Partition 2.
Please note that these instructions are based on the provided context. If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, it is recommended to contact TELUS Support at
Contact US
Sources:
  •  
    How to use Partitions