cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many chimes (Motion sensors chime when alarm is not activated)

Buckbuck
Just Moved In
On the telus (Neo keypad) system, how do I silence motion sensors when the system is not armed? my house sounds like a convenience store with the constant chimes every time anyone walks by a sensor. When the system is not armed, we need the doors to chime, windows to chime, but NOT the motion sensors. How do we fix this in settings?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Our doors, and lock get notification, but motion sensors don’t. Always been that way. I’ll see what I can learn.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Our doors, and lock get notification, but motion sensors don’t. Always been that way. I’ll see what I can learn.

NFtoBC

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Buckbuck 
On the panel, there is a “Edit Sensors” once you enter the administration area by dragging down on the marker at the top of the screen. From the list of sensors, are the motion sensors, and in those you can set the chime or voice options, including “none.”

Hope this helps.

NFtoBC

lmeinecke
Organizer

Unfortunately, on the Neo panels, the end user can only turn chimes on and off on a system wide level by pressing and holding the "Chime" button.  To turn it off on individual zones, it has to be done in system programming and requires the installer level access code.

Motion detectors should be programmed as an interior device so by default the chime is disabled.  If they are programmed as delay zones, then the chime is enabled.  A technician will need to see how it is programmed and either change the zone definition or the zone attributes.