cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Techsupport and Dispatch a nightmare - Security System not working for days

ThrilledCust101
Neighbour

We have had a TELUS Security System for about 5 years. As long as you don’t need support and it works, the world is fine.

We (the TELUS Tech) added additional sensors over time. It was always very difficult to get an installation date. It took several attempts to contact TELUS.

On Monday, we contacted TELUS to tell them that we would be going on holiday and provided an alternate contact phone number. A few hours later, the alarm system started reporting device malfunctions. We contacted TELUS again. The worst part is that the tech on the phone is trying their best but has no real knowledge or answer. They suggested replacing the batteries without even checking the alert logs to see the unpredictable pattern! I asked the techs several times about this – Answer: We have our procedures. These are cheap and unqualified answers, considering how long it takes to get someone on the phone. The system has to be turned off at night as it just starts reporting false alarms. Today, 4 days later – after talking to 3 techs – the last one updated the firmware, but this did not help either. I was asking several times to dispatch a tech, but they always thought they had fixed it. One tech said he contacted dispatch and they would get back to us in 24 hrs. This is now 36 hrs overdue!!

When I asked for a supervisor, the answer was: There is none.

We are leaving on Sunday – why do we have a security system again?

If this is not fixed before we go, we will cancel everything with TELUS.

The worst part is I hold stocks for T.TO – I should have known the way the stocks go.

Let’s see if anyone from TELUS will solve this before we go.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @ThrilledCust101 this is not the experience we want you to have and we certainly want to help. Please look for a message from us in your inbox

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @ThrilledCust101 this is not the experience we want you to have and we certainly want to help. Please look for a message from us in your inbox

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.