cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qolsys IQ Panel 4 Sensor Groups

enb54
Coach

Does anyone know how to edit the sensor groups for motion detectors (Tyco DSC PGx914) used with a TELUS IQ4 control panel? I am using my master code but can't edit likely because the programming menus don't display permissions for my master code. There must be some special code entered by the TELUS techs which allows them to bring up the menus required, but I don't have permissions to do it. Specifically, I want to change the motion detectors in my garage and stand alone shop from Group 17 (Away instant motion) to 15 (Stay instant motion) which will then alarm both buildings when I alarm my home to "Stay" (motion sensors in the house are bypassed and shop/garage are enabled). This is very aggravating, our old wired DSC system worked very well, but was damaged in a plumbing leak, hence the "new and improved" wireless system was installed recently. We just discovered that the motion sensors in the shop and garage are not on when we turn on the alarm system at night. Thanks in advance for any help...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'll answer my own question, a very competent TELUS employee reset my system so that the "Installer" menu would come up (Code 1111 at "Advanced Settings"), enabling me to get to the menu option to change my garage and shop motion sensors to Group 15 (Stay and Away instant motion) from Group 17 (Away instant motion), thus making my alarm system functional again> Thanks TELUS!!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I'll answer my own question, a very competent TELUS employee reset my system so that the "Installer" menu would come up (Code 1111 at "Advanced Settings"), enabling me to get to the menu option to change my garage and shop motion sensors to Group 15 (Stay and Away instant motion) from Group 17 (Away instant motion), thus making my alarm system functional again> Thanks TELUS!!!