cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving vivint security system inconsistent pricing

Unhappy2
Neighbour
I called 2 weeks ago regarding moving my system to a new property and was quoted $0 disconnect fee and $50 to hook my current system up in the new place. Called Telus / Vivint today to book at these prices. Called twice because I got hung up on from the first rep and got two different answers. Call #1 Mario said they would waive my disconnect fee but my vivint equipment is not compatible anymore after spending $700 just last year to upgrade and lock in for a 3 year contract. They want to up my rental by more than half what I was paying with vivint and tell me all my recently upgraded equipment is now incompatible without any reimbursement. Asked to speak to a supervisor and got hung up on. Call #2 spoke with Daniel who proceeded to tell me even though I was locked in with vivint for 3 years it would be $216 to close my vivint contract and reopen a new contract with Telus. Plus a $150 disconnect fee and $50 reconnect fee with minimal Telus equipment, not the same equipment as I currently have. Daniel also told me it could take up to 48 hours for someone to contact me but said no promises which is ridiculous. I am extremely disappointed as long time Vivint customers are being treated like this and we are stuck with Telus, they want us to pay out a full remaining 3 year contract to back out but cannot offer the same pricing or equipment as Vivint offered and that we signed onto. Was there any meetings or discussions within the company about how they would handle the Vivint merge? From this experience I think not as reps have no clue. This should be considered a scam and I will need a manager to contact me immediately to resolve this issue and get a straight story with consistent fair pricing.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @Unhappy2 I will send you a message to discuss

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

View solution in original post

Thank you, I sent my account info via email

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @Unhappy2 I will send you a message to discuss

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Thank you, I sent my account info via email