cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion sensor replacement

EarlRosebery
Neighbour

I’m trying to help my next door neighbour.  She is in her 90s and cant deal with your service people in the Philippines.  She got a low battery message on a motion sensor.  I had previously changed a battery on a door sensor.  After changing the battery we were unable to arm the system . The sensor seems to be faulty. After hours ( literally) on the phone a rep in The Philippines removed the sensor from the system.

We were told 1. They wouldn’t send a technician.  2. They wouldn’t send a replacement sensor. 3.  She needed to upgrade to a whole new system on a 3 year contract at twice the monthly cost.

She was an ADT customer for 20+ years. Her system isn’t that old.  She has a Command 7 in touchscreen panel and the sensor is a SiXPIR.

I can purchase a new sensor for 100$.  I would but not sure how to add it back into the system.

I feel the service has been awful..  It makes me wonder how reliable the monitoring service is.

By the way, I have a telus landline and home security. A legacy Ademco system. If it fails I would switch companies in an instant.  Oh, and Telus were phoning every day to get me to switch my internet service. They would defeat their own call control.  And then a young man called at the door to offer the same deal.  The poor guy got an earful. Not his fault. Hope he’s not working on commission. 

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hello. We'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.