cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video issue with telus tv+ app on android phone

telus1203
Organizer

video issue with telus tv+ app on android phone

every 5 seconds the video turns whole black then goes back to normal and repeats (audio is fine though)

does anybody else having this issue?

this issue does not happen with  cbc-sports app or sportsnet app or tsn app

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, I confirmed with our video team that this is an ongoing issue with devices on Android OS versions lower than 12. We're working on integrating an app setting that can be used to address issues related to playback on older devices/OS. May I suggest using our web browser to access Live playback? Thank you for your patience as we work on resolving this. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry about that. @Optik-Kate is this a known issue?

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @telus1203 , just checked on my android phone and content seems to play back ok. Are you experiencing this on live tv or VOD? Can you re-install the app and ensure your android version is also up to date to see if that fixes the issue? 

i upgraded to newest version, this did not help

i also tested "5 different video on demand" and this issue did NOT happen.

it seems like problem only exist with LIVE-TV

Hmmm, I need a bit more information: 

- What android device do you have?

- Android software version?

- Roughly when did this start? 

- Have you tried restarting your phone?

I will double check internally to see if there is an ongoing issue, if not, I may have to ask you to reach out to our agents for further troubleshooting! 

LG G6 : https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g6-8466.php

Android OS version 9

this problem always existed (not just recently)

yes

Hi, I confirmed with our video team that this is an ongoing issue with devices on Android OS versions lower than 12. We're working on integrating an app setting that can be used to address issues related to playback on older devices/OS. May I suggest using our web browser to access Live playback? Thank you for your patience as we work on resolving this.