cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between OptikTV 2.0 vs OptikTV 3.0?

telus1203
Organizer

what is difference between OptikTV 2.0 vs OptikTV 3.0?

i believe they both use "essentials"  which is  basic-cable, but differences?

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've never heard of OptikTV 2.0 or 3.0. There is just Optik TV which is likely to be renamed TelusTV+ at some point soon. PikTV no longer exists so the Core plan under Optik is its replacement. Have you looked at Telus's website or the channel guide for the available channels?

The "Essentials" is being renamed to Core as listed in the channel guide PDF and the bundle selector.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Pik TV still exists, I am on it. Optic core has more channels than Pik TV.

optiktv 2.0 and 3.0 definitely  do exist, because i  told the telus agent i wanted the new  Telustv-21T  (android) tv box and they told me i cannot get it  unless i am on  optiktv 4.0.  then i asked what version am i currently on, and they said i am current in  optiktv 2.0

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

AFAIK, Optik 4 is simply a date cutoff. Subscribers after a particular date receive the new TV box, while those of us with an earlier subscription date will receive it in the fullness of time. Using 3rd party equipment is the same no matter how you access Telus TV+.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"