cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Does Home Screen Stay On?

AndroidR
Coach

When I power up TTV+ the Home Screen appears and stays on "forever" unless you select something or use back button.

Why does it even appear and not just go to last viewed channel or format?

Or alternatively appear for a few seconds only?!

If I wanted to go "Home" I should have the option to choose the Home button...No?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rocky3
Rockstar

My preference is to have the TV when turned on go to the last watched channel or app. Do not display whatever it is that I quickly remove. If I want to watch an app I will choose it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @AndroidR - we checked with our team and this is the intended behaviour of our box. They did take away your feedback so hopefully there will be a change soon

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Thanks for the feedback. 

An intentional design "flaw" IMHO.

Oh Brother,  I've had my fill of Big Brother Ads, etc!

Advertising was/is not in your face, forever, on other platforms. 

In fact, other remote work-arounds like the up/dn or left/right buttons (which you have to use for quick preview info on the TV programs being watched because there is no Info button on the remote) only last for 3 sec which is too short. 

Btw...pressing OK button shows basic program Info, as well, yet doing so pauses the broadcast...Duh!

TTV+ form and function needs a lot of work. Current iiteration is sub-par and with customary, legacy functions missing it's very aggravating. Certainly not intuitive for the uninitiated. 

Hopefully Telus' Dev Team is listening and paying attention to all the frustrations and suggestions posted on this forum for over a year now!

Loyal Customer...for now!

Rocky3
Rockstar

My preference is to have the TV when turned on go to the last watched channel or app. Do not display whatever it is that I quickly remove. If I want to watch an app I will choose it.